Thursday, March 17, 2016

Small Accomplishments #2

 
Today I made two changes in the house to help remind me to recycle some things I had previously not been doing. 

In this post: Less Paper, More Cloth I mentioned that you could recycle the cardboard toilet paper rolls, but that I never remember to do it. It often ends up in the bathroom trashcan because, let's face it, sometimes I'm super lazy. So now I have this basket on the back of the toilet for placing them in! Then when it's full it can be emptied into the recycle. It seems like such a small silly thing, but knowing my personality, I'm sure it will help. 


I also finally got a bin for putting plastic bags and films in that need to be taken to drop-off locations. I talk about it in this post: Recycling Plastic Bags and Films. I wrote out a label to remind me what can go in it, and while I was at it, I made one for the main recycling container. I pretty much know by now what can and can't go into my recycling, but it's good to have reminders.






I believe it's the little things that add up and can make a difference! Let me know in the comments what small accomplishments you are proud of. :)



Image source

1 comment:

  1. & entered early in the morning-Congrats. We have a wood burning stove so most of the paper turns to ash which feeds the apple trees. And the smoke- well it smells good.

    ReplyDelete